TO YOUNG PEOPLE
The founders of NMCF envisioned a grant-making body that would fund children’s programs and projects. Today, a group of dedicated individuals are continuing the vision. By raising funds and distributing them wisely, a brighter future for many New Mexican children is being realized through the Foundation, the state’s only private grant-making group devoted exclusively to young people.
In 1992, New Mexico’s former First Lady, Alice King’s unfailing resolve to support and nurture the children of her state resulted in the creation of the New Mexico Children’s Foundation. Sharing her vision, citizens of New Mexico communities met to form an organization that would provide an appropriate vehicle for people across the state who want to help children reach their full potential.
The New Mexico Children’s Foundation is a grant-making body with the mission of supporting programs and projects that serve the physical, mental, educational and social needs of children and their families. We provide donors with the opportunity to support the total needs of children. The Foundation strives to provide services all over the state of New Mexico giving its attention to the current and changing needs of children.
The Board of Directors and loyal volunteers raise money for these grants in a variety of ways. Please click on our various fundraising event pages to see the details. The Foundation also provides a variety of membership opportunities for individuals, corporations, and groups who want to invest in New Mexico’s future by investing in the health and welfare of its children.
- Since its beginning, NMCF has provided more than $1,600,000 in funding to 165 non-profit organizations, in 25 communities throughout New Mexico.
- 88% of all monies raised by the foundation is used for grants.
- For the 2020/21 funding period, the foundation will award $88,000 impacting the lives of thousands of New Mexican children and their working families.
- Organizations receiving grants are eligible to receive grants for three consecutive years.
- Donors may designate their donations to a specific area of interest – arts, health, early childhood education, etc. Donors making an initial contribution of $3,000 or more may have a fund named after them or designate a fund name.
Board of Directors
Richard D. Sandoval
Jessie Groothuis MD
Immediate Past President