THE BUCKAROO BALL 2020
A Fund of the New Mexico Children’s Foundation,
PROVIDES ASSISTANCE TO AT-RISK CHILDREN OF SANTA FE COUNTY, BY RAISING AND GRANTING FUNDS TO ONE OR MORE 501(c)(3) NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS SERVING AT- RISK CHILDREN.
THE 2020 BUCKAROO BALL WILL BE HELD ON JULY 18th AND ORGANIZATIONS INTERESTED IN SEEKING A GRANT MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTENT (LOI) BY DECEMBER 20, 2019, FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES BELOW.
THEME 2020: BULLYING PREVENTION, INTERVENTION AND MENTAL HEALTH
Bullying and mental health impacts related to bullying continue to be a tragic trend for our students and youth in Santa Fe County. Loss of self-esteem, self-harm and other detrimental outcomes of bullying are critical challenges we need to address for the well-being of our children and their families. Programs focused on prevention, education, intervention and remediation support for bullying (e.g. early childhood, preK-12) are invited to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). Programs need to address one or more of the following objectives:
- Physical and verbal bullying awareness, prevention, intervention and remediation;
- Cyber-bullying awareness, prevention, intervention and remediation;
- Classroom bullying awareness, prevention, intervention and remediation; and
- Behavioral support for mental health issues contributing to, or resulting from bullying, addressing child's needs and encouraging family awareness and support.
A Letter Of Intent (1-2 pages) from non-profits organizations seeking consideration must include the following:
- Confirm 501(c)3 status or Fiscal Sponsorship;
- Organization’s Mission Statement;
- Describe need and children/youth requiring services (age-range, gender, etc.);
- Data on the number of children served by your organization annually in Santa Fe County;
- Describe program to prevent, identify, intervene, and/or remediate bullying and its impact on mental health. Provide any data related to your program; and
- Organization and program budget for the fiscal year 2020.
LOI'S must be mailed to:
The New Mexico Children’s Foundation at:
PO BOX 8182,
Santa Fe, NM 87504
and postmarked no later than December 20, 2019.
Questions should be directed to Carol Thompson, CAROLATH@msn.com.
Download Buckaroo Ball 2020 annoucement details.